Drywall WorkersAce Drywall and Acoustical
Hiring hangers, finishers, ACT ceilings.
Job Duties and Tasks:
- Trims rough edges from wallboard to maintain even joints, using knife.
- Fits and fastens wallboard or sheetrock into specified position, using hand tools, portable power tools, or adhesive.
- Measures and marks cutting lines on framing, drywall, and trim, using tape measure, straightedge or square, and marking devices.
- Installs blanket insulation between studs and tacks plastic moisture barrier over insulation.
- Removes plaster, drywall, or paneling, using crowbar and hammer.
- Assembles and installs metal framing and decorative trim for windows, doorways, and vents.
- Reads blueprints and other specifications to determine method of installation, work procedures, and material and tool requirements.
- Lays out reference lines and points, computes position of framing and furring channels, and marks position, using chalk line.
- Suspends angle iron grid and channel iron from ceiling, using wire.
- Installs horizontal and vertical metal or wooden studs for attachment of wallboard on interior walls, using hand tools.
This company is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation. This law makes it illegal to discriminate against someone on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, or sex.