Farm WorkersAndy Perkins Farms LLC
4 Temporary Farm Workers needed. Andy Perkins Farms LLC - Adairville, KY Perform all duties of Tobacco Production including, but not limited to soil preparation, planting, spraying, harvesting, storing; other alternative work. Employment Dates: 07/15/2019 - 12/31/2019 $11.63/hr. Bonuses may be given. Worker guaranteed 3/4 of contract hours. Tools provided at no cost Free housing provided to non-commuting workers. Transportation & subsistence reimbursed when 50% of contract is met. Random drug/alcohol testing & criminal background checks after hire. Apply for this job at the State Work-force Agency at (502) 564-7456 and reference job order 1003704775.
The exact work you’ll be doing will vary from season to season and depend on what sort of farm you’re working but a wide range of tasks need to be carried out including:
- Planting, tending and harvesting crops using a variety of equipment such as tractors and combine harvesters.
- Rearing and tending livestock which includes feeding, mucking out, caring for sick or newborn animals and using milking machines for dairy work.
- Preparing animals for transport.
- Maintaining hedges and woodland.
- Maintaining vehicles and machinery.
- Cleaning and repairing buildings.
- Spreading fertiliser.
- Putting up and maintaining fences.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.