Farm WorkersBarry Wright
14 Temporary Farm Workers Needed. Barry Wright - Lewisburg, KY. Perform all duties of Tobacco, Forage, & Row Crop Production including, but not limited to soil preparation, planting, spraying, harvesting, storing; other alternative work. Employment Dates: 07/01/2019 - 12/31/2019. $11.63/hr. Bonuses may be given. Worker guaranteed 3/4 of contract hours. Tools provided at no cost. Free housing provided to non-commuting workers. Transportation & subsistence reimbursed when 50% of contract is met. Random drug/alcohol testing & criminal background checks after hire. Apply for this job at the State Workforce Agency at (502) 564-7456 and reference job order 991506901.
1) Record information about crops, such as pesticide use, yields, or costs.
2) Repair and maintain farm vehicles, implements, and mechanical equipment.
3) Dig and plant seeds, or transplant seedlings by hand.
4) Harvest fruits and vegetables by hand.
5) Identify plants, pests, and weeds to determine the selection and application of pesticides and fertilizers.
6) Inform farmers or farm managers of crop progress.
7) Load agricultural products into trucks, and drive trucks to market or storage facilities.
8) Operate tractors, tractor-drawn machinery, and self-propelled machinery to plow, harrow and fertilize soil, or to plant, cultivate, spray and harvest crops.
9) Participate in the inspection, grading, sorting, storage, and post-harvest treatment of crops.
10) Repair farm buildings, fences, and other structures.
11) Set up and operate irrigation equipment.
12) Apply pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers to crops.
13) Clear and maintain irrigation ditches.
14) Direct and monitor the work of casual and seasonal help during planting and harvesting.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.