Engineering PositionsDelta Faucet Company
Quality Engineer Are you a technically-minded, detailed thinker? Do you have great organizing skills and are adept at accomplishing objectives by facilitating subject matter experts? Do you understand how to turn customer satisfied into operational excellence?
The Quality Engineer applies quality-engineering methodologies to assure products are manufactured to meet our customers' high expectations. Most activities are related to operational quality systems development and ongoing product quality support, but also include manufacturing process, continuous improvement and corrective action initiatives. This position requires you to learn and keep up with new developments in the quality science field to utilize in the company where appropriate.
- Identify and apply appropriate Advanced Product Quality Planning tools such as the Production Part Approval Process, Process Potential and Capability Analysis, Quality Plans, D/PFMEA, and Measurement Systems Analysis for new and existing products
- Support the development, qualification and implementation of inspection, test and measuring equipment including supporting capital approval projects
- Familiarity with quality system documents and related activities such as internal auditing and completion of CAR's (Corrective Action Requests)
- Apply appropriate fundamental and advanced statistical methods to monitor, analyze and resolve quality matters
- Communicate significant issues identified during quality engineering activities and provide recommendations for improvement to your team and/or to management
- Handle multiple assigned projects concurrently, with appropriate follow-up and follow-through skills consistently displayed
- Maintain familiarity with and apply appropriate Delta Faucet Company documents (procedures, specifications and standards) and industry codes
- Prepare reports and present technical and program information to team members and management regarding involvement and results of quality engineering and cross-functional team activities
- Periodic communication with suppliers on corrective actions for their supplied products.
- Independently follow items through to completion
- The Quality Engineer may have direct reports and serves as a project leader to facilitate the activities of others in accomplishing common goals and objectives.
- Travel, primarily domestic, is periodically required; estimated travel is less than 10%.
Education & Experience:
- B.S. in Engineering, Management, Technology or equivalent discipline required with 2 - 10 years of related Quality Engineering experience
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer preferred but not required
- Familiarity with Geometric Dimensioning, Tolerancing (GD&T) and ability to interpret blueprints required
- Familiarity with Engineering Product Life Cycle Management (PLM) systems such as engineering change notices and deviations are required.
- Competency with various computer software applications, including Microsoft Office, statistical software and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, such as SAP, are required
Manufacturing Engineer As a Manufacturing Engineer, your main functions are to lead new product development activities while also assisting in sustaining existing production. We are looking for a creative individual who will launch new products within committed timing while working with the team to optimize front-end design for cost and manufacturability. You should be eager to explore and lead implementation of manufacturing process improvements and innovations that reduce cost and/or improve efficiency and product quality and develop business cases for execution of capital projects. You will also support other functional areas and use critical thinking as part of root-cause investigation of machine and part-design issues.
Responsibilities: As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Familiarity with PLC programming, vision systems, and robotic programming
- Equipment modifications and improvements
- Supporting shop floor management activities
- Participating in component, assembly, and tool design reviews
- Periodic review of capacity needs
- Finding opportunities for implementation of innovation and technology in manufacturing processes
- Planning of capital project installation and supervision of on-site contractors
- Quoting new products as needed
- Using structured problem solving to drive continuous improvement throughout the business processes
- Effectively communicating project updates
Education & Experience: As an interested individual, you should have:
- Earned a bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent work experience
- Validated experience with two-dimensional and three-dimensional CAD, preferably AutoCad and Pro-Engineer (Creo).