General Warehouse WorkersDollar General
Lets' Grow Together! Dollar General is hiring for their Distribution Center in Scottsville, KY. $1,000 Sign-on Bonus! General Warehouse Workers 2nd shift Starting pay up to $16.05 per hour. To apply, Text Scottsville to 34898 or Apply online at: www.dollargeneral.com/careers & search by Req ID #64542. Build your career with one of America's fastest growing companies, Dollar General. Benefit Programs: based on eligibility, Health/Vision/Dental Insurance; 401(k) Savings; Life Insurance; Annual Bonus Opportunity.
EOE M/F/D/V Serving others is our mission. Make it yours.
Dollar General (NYSE: DG) is a Fortune 200 company with more than 15,000 retail locations in 44 states, 15 distribution centers and 130,000 employees that embody our mission of Serving Others each and every day. We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation, diversity and teamwork, all while keeping our customers and communities at the center of everything we do! At Dollar General, employees have numerous growth and development career opportunities through award-winning training and being part of one of America’s fastest-growing retailers.
Responsible for the expedient and accurate handling of merchandise into and/or out of the warehouse facility. General warehouse duties occur within the assigned area of warehouse operations, but position supports all areas of the warehouse as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Moves incoming or outgoing merchandise throughout the distribution center by hand, hand truck, or forklift equipment.
- Checks, verifies and audits merchandise to ensure that ordered merchandise has been received and that merchandise is as ordered and not damaged or defective; enters data into remote data terminal.
- Identifies, separates, labels, and palletizes merchandise onto flats.
- Replenishes pick areas as identified by replenishment reports and various requests for merchandise.
- Fills merchandise orders from stores by selecting and moving merchandise from pick slot to conveyor.
- Loads outgoing merchandise from conveyor and/or four-wheel truck into trailer.
- Reports damages and/or vendor compliance issues to supervisor.
- Partners with supervisor to resolve problems or discrepancies.
- Meets safety, productivity and quality standards.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Communication skills sufficient to communicate with co-workers; to understand and provide directions; to respond to management inquiries; and to make entries on reports and records.
- Basic knowledge of simple math concepts.
- Ability to use a Radio Frequency Unit.
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of use and operations of motorized merchandise movement equipment.
- Ability to maintain annual certification requirements.
Experience and/or Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience working in an automated distribution center preferred.
- Experience with warehouse management systems applications preferred.
- Continuous lifting of merchandise up to 65 pounds on a regular basis, and occasional team lifting of merchandise up to 85 lbs.
- Continuous walking, including long distances and up and down stairs.
- May work at heights up to 30 feet above ground.
- Standing, bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, reaching, and pushing and pulling using hands and/or arms on a repetitive basis above and below the shoulder level.
- May work continuously up to 12 hours.
- Exposure to extreme heat and cold conditions as well as dust and noise.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.