3rd Shift Medical TechnicianFern Terrace Lodge
New Pay Rate Increase Fern Terrace Lodge
3rd Shift Medical Technician - No experience necessary
Great Benefits Available!
Apply in Person 1030 Shive Ln., Bowling Green (270)781-6784
Equal Opportunity Employer
Medical Technician Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect specimens from lab or directly from patient
- Prepare and test specimens, including blood, urine, tissue, and/or other bodily fluids
- Perform hands-on tasks in drawing blood, including preparing and sterilizing the area, applying pressure, and dressing when complete
- Monitor vital signs when working directly with patients
- Analyze and report specimen test results
- Process, record, and analyze tested data as necessary
- Enter information into medical databases
- Work under the supervision of and report to the medical technologist
- Look for and identify any cell abnormalities using cell dying processes
- Work with a pathologist to determine correct diagnosis if If cell abnormalities are found
- Prepare tissue samples for examination by cutting, mounting, staining, etc.
- Ensure accuracy of tested data results by using appropriate methods of analysis.
- Wear and ensure proper fit of wearable safety gear (eye protection, clothing, gloves, mask etc.)
- Maintain a clean work space and sterilize equipment as necessary
- Adhere to medical safety protocol, including keeping a sterile environment and executing proper hazardous waste disposal
- Use diagnostic machinery and complex lab equipment as needed
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.