Part Time Worship DirectorGlenview Christian Church
Part Time Worship Director Glenview Christian Church (Glasgow)
10-20 hours a week.
Questions or Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose Of Position:
To glorify God by leading the congregation through Gospel-centered singing, praising and worshipping our Savior. A faithful Worship Director sees himself not as the centerpiece of the worship experience, but as an example of giving oneself over in reverence to God and ushering those around him to join in the celebration.
- Love for Jesus and a desire to see lives and communities changed by the gospel.
- Ability to lead from the stage on a performing instrument with excellence.
- A learner, someone who is always looking for new ideas and strategies to improve our worship ministry.
- A strong gift for leadership and ability to develop/coach others.
- Ability to develop teams, delegate and empower others on the mission.
- Ability to work with and maintain positive relationships with those inside and outside the church.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
- A love for the heritage of our hymns with a desire to make them feel relevant and modern today with a blend of current worship songs.
- A passion to learn and develop Cornerstone’s unique, inter-generational worship style and promote participation in worship.
- Courage to take risks and push the boundaries, but also a willingness and humility to embrace the unique worship style of Cornerstone.
- Preferred to have ability to read orchestration and/or choral music.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.