Farm WorkersHarper Family Farms LLC
5 Opening Temporary Farm Workers/ Laborers 7-10-19 to 11-10-19 Harper Family Farms LLC, Auburn, KY. Perform Job Duties in Tobacco Planting, Growing & Harvesting Process & Alternative Work. 3 months experience required AEWR $11.63/hr or Fed/State minimum wage. Transportation & Subsistence reimbursed after 50%, Contract time is met 3/4 contract hours guaranteed. All tools & equipment at no charge. Free housing provided for non commuting workers. Random Drug/ Alcohol testing post employment. For complete info contact KY SWA Office (502-564-7456) Reference J.O.# 999994785.
The exact work you’ll be doing will vary from season to season and depend on what sort of farm you’re working but a wide range of tasks need to be carried out including:
- Planting, tending and harvesting crops using a variety of equipment such as tractors and combine harvesters.
- Rearing and tending livestock which includes feeding, mucking out, caring for sick or newborn animals and using milking machines for dairy work.
- Preparing animals for transport.
- Maintaining hedges and woodland.
- Maintaining vehicles and machinery.
- Cleaning and repairing buildings.
- Spreading fertiliser.
- Putting up and maintaining fences.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.