Cook/Prep CookRivendell Behavioral Health Hospital
Rivendell Behavioral Health Hospital is now hiring a Cook/Prep Cook Full time position, hours vary between 5:00 am-6:30 pm including weekends. Apply at www.rivendellbehavioral.com
The cook is responsible for the preparing and serving foods to patients and personnel. All policies and procedures, menus, recipes and guidelines are followed to provide accurate quality and quantities of foods. Particularly important is infection control/sanitation/safety standards as well as professionalism in demeanor, attitude and service to patients and staff.
When assigned to the late shift, may assume general supervision of the department though the dinner meal. In occasional absences of manager or assistant manager, may be responsible for department.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Prepares and cooks food indicated on menus provided for patient and personnel, using standardized recipes based on standard portion size.
2. Prepares food production schedules or those provided by supervisor.
3. Schedules food preparation so that items such as vegetables and grilled foods are prepared in small batches continuously throughout the serving period as evidenced by shortages.
4. Estimates food requirements and controls serving portions, eliminating waste and leftovers.
5. Apportions food in accordance with yield specified in standardized recipes as evidenced by spot checks.
6. Checks equipment and cooking area often to make sure they maintain safety and sanitation requirements on a daily basis.
7. Reports repair and maintenance needs to maintenance department immediately.
8. Follows menus provided, making changes only with the consent of his/her supervisor.
9. Counsels with dietician regarding product evaluation and menu development.
10. Sweeps and mops the floor daily, cleans tables daily in cafeteria, cleans chairs weekly.
11. Cleans sinks, cleans under the stove area and top of stove area, cleans refrigerator area inside and under on a weekly basis.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
13. Will adhere to all safety policies and safe work practice.
14. Will attend hospital safety trainings.
15. Will adhere to all hospital policies and procedures.
16. Will report all accidents immediately.
Education, Training and Experience:
We are looking for a dynamic, fast paced individual with a preference of at least 1 year experience in a food setting..
Must be thoroughly familiar with foods and preparation methods. Must know proper methods and cooking temperatures. Must be able to space and time the cooking of items so that their nutritional quality, flavor, and appearance are preserved.
About Universal Health Services:
One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies. Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
About Rivendell Behavior Health:
Rivendell Behavioral Health Hospital, is a 125 bed Joint Commission accredited hospital, which provides the highest quality psychiatric care to children and adolescents in crisis, teen with substance abuse, adults with chemical dependency issues, and senior adults. The hospital is located on a 49-acre campus in the heart of South Central Kentucky in Bowling Green. We have earned our place as a provider of choice. Patient safety and confidentiality in treatment are top priorities.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.