IT TechnicianWarren County Water District
We are currently looking to hire an experienced IT Technician to join our growing team of professionals at The Warren County Water District. New trends and technologies in the water utility industry are reshaping the way we serve our customers.
Warren Water's dedication to providing unparalleled service, in the most efficient manner has provided our IT team with new and exciting challenges. This position joins a team of 3 others with varied technical experience. This is a great opportunity for someone with strong work ethic looking to apply their experience and grow professionally in network and systems administration.
- To effectively monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks of the organization.
- Install and configure computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solve technical and applications problems, either over the phone or in person.
- Provide assistance to individual users and project teams with technical issues.
- Ensure that adequate IT infrastructure is in place and performs to its maximum capabilities.
- Activities include research, technical analysis and planning, support of operations staff in executing, testing, training, and troubleshooting.
- The IT Technician supports company LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet and intranet systems.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes including scheduled tasks such as system and data backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted departments or users.
- Apply OS patches and firmware upgrades to hardware and software applications on a regular basis.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and optimization as required.
- Maintains video surveillance and access controls systems.
- Maintains company websites.
- Supports all departments in recommending new technology and methods of improving and maintaining existing systems and workflows.
- Provides assistance, guidance, and training to District personnel as needed on operation of computers, peripherals, and various software operated by the District.
- Attends training classes in job related areas to better assist in performance of the position.
- Graduate from an ABET accredited college or university with a degree in Computer Sciences, Technology, or equivalent work experience in Computer systems related field.
- Three years IT support experience.
- Troubleshooting experience in the maintenance of corporate IT networks.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Must be proficient in the use of Windows operating systems server 2008R2 to Server 2016.
- Knowledge of Linux a plus.
- Experience in maintaining segmented networks, routing and switching, network performance and tuning.
- Strong grasp of network and cyber security practices.
- Understanding of email administration and active directory.
- Experience with SAN storage and VMWare desirable.
- Experience with firewalls and site to site Internet VPN.
- Understanding of water and sewer system operations desirable.
- Demonstrated communication, interpersonal, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Must be capable of obtaining a high degree of performance without close supervision.
- Ability to prioritize, be attentive to details and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrate strong team work and communication skills in supporting staff, working with vendors and consultants, and dealing with customers.
Qualified applicants should apply online at https://www.warrenwater.com/ Or submit resume to: Warren County Water District P. O. Box 10180 Bowling Green, KY 42102-4780 ATTN: Human Resources Administrator
Equal Opportunity Employer