Farm WorkersWebb Farms
Webb Farms - 1 Temporary worker needed in Haywood and Lauderdale County, TN, from April 01, 2019 to July 10, 2019.
Perform duties like:
- Drive and operate farm machinery and forklift to plant, cultivate, harvest and store grain crops.
- Attach farm implements, such as plow, disc and drill to tractor.
- Till soil: plant and cultivate grain.
- Tow harvesting equipment.
- Use pressure washer, air wrench and hand tools. Drive and operate self-propelled combine.
- Perform a variety of duties such as lubricating repairing and maintaining farm machinery.
- Drive grain pickup and ton trucks to transport crops to elevator or storage area.
- Must be able to lift 60 lbs. Must be able to obtain a driver's license within 30-90 days of hire.
No minimum education required. Must have three (3) months experience operating a John Deere tractor with Green Star. Applicants must be 18 years or older.
The employer will conduct a criminal background check on all new applicants at the employer's expense.
General Specifications and Physical Requirements of the Job:
- All tools, supplies and equipment will be provided at no cost to the worker.
- Workers may stand in one place for any period of time.
- Work is performed in outdoor agricultural fields and involves exposure to sun, wind, rain, soil, mud, dust, heat, cold and other natural elements.
- Cell phone can only be used during breaks and emergencies.
- Proper work attire is required.
Due to possible Date of Need changes, worker is required to purchase travel insurance if available. We will reimburse the worker for transportation cost (including travel insurance) and subsistence to the employers work site from the place of recruitment upon completion of 50 percent of the contract period. Transportation payment will be no less (and is not required to be more) than the most economical and reasonable common carrier transportation charges for the distances involved. A copy of the work contract or a copy of the ETA 790 in lieu of a work contract, and any modifications, will be provided to the worker on the day the work commences. If the employee is unable or unfit to perform the duties listed after the 14 day pretrial, the employee will receive warnings, hours may be reduced to the minimum allowed in the certified petition or terminated.
Workers will be paid $11.63 per hour, 3/4 guaranteed, 35 hours per week. Workers may be offered more than the standard hours of work in a single workday. Workers may volunteer to work additional hours when work is available. Hours of work may increase/decrease depending on crop yield and or weather and can occur at any time throughout the season. Housing, equipment, and transportation provided at no cost to workers who cannot reasonably return to their permanent residence at the end of each workday. Workers must have a valid identification for I-9 preparation when they report to begin work.
Complete job description can be found at your local SWA/Job Center. Apply for this job at the State Workforce/Job Center office in your area. Please call for the nearest office in your area. TN (844) 224-5818, GA (404) 232-3567, KY (502) 564-7456, Using Job Order #743059.